Steelcon Pty Ltd was first established in 1967. For the past thirty years Steelcon Pty Ltd has been active in the construction, fabrication, and maintenance industry throughout Queensland and the Northern Territory. The first branch was established in Mount Isa, and has been the mainstay of the operation since.
Mr Alonso began work for Steelcon Pty Ltd in 1972 working as a crane operator and rigger, becoming manager of the Mount Isa branch in 1986. In 1993 Mr Alonso established Steelcon which employs over 40 personnel, all operating from our large modern workshop in Mount Isa. The company is now trading as Steelcon Cava Pty Ltd. We also have a large workshop in Brisbane and an extensive workforce in labour and machinery hire based at Birla Mt Gordon Gunpowder mine site.
Steelcon Cava Pty Ltd specialise's in:
- Light to Heavy Fabrication of Structural Steel
- Pipe Fabrication and Laying
- Storage Bins/ Tanks for the Mining Industry
- Demolition and Erection of Steel Structures
- Demolition and Erection of Concrete Structures
- Civil Engineering
- Bulk Earthworks
- Water Retaining Structures
- Operation, Maintenance and Repair Services
- Plant Hire, Heavy & Light Machinery Hire
- Crushing & Mining Operations
- Labour Hire
- Auto Electrical & Air-conditioning repairs to all vehicles
- Mining and Industrial Electrical works
- Hydraulics and Hose fittings
Steelcon Cava Pty Ltd operates a large Plant Hire division, which offers the services of 8 tonne to 100 tonne capacity cranes, excavators, loaders, trucks, cherry pickers, etc. For a complete list of plant available see Appendix A.
Steelcon Cava Pty Ltd have the facility to provide Labour Hire requirements, which include Project Engineers, Site Engineers, Crane Operators, Plant Operators, Diesel Fitters, Hydraulic Fitters, Boilermakers, Riggers, Builders, Carpenters, Auto Electricians and Trade Assistants.
Click for a larger view